Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decorating

I can't believe it's been more than 6 weeks since I last posted, but hopefully, I can get back on track. I've had almost endless computer problems. Thank goodness for my helpful son who fixed all the problems.  It's working beautifully now, and the only thing I lost was my bookmarks.  I guess if they're important enough to me, I'll find them again.

Along with not blogging, I have also not been sewing, so I don't have anything to show you today.  I'm working on two Christmas tablerunners, so maybe I'll have one finished tomorrow.  Oh, maybe not - tomorrow is card day.  Anyway, soon...

What I have been doing this week, though, is decorating Christmas trees.  I love trees and decorate five.   I only have 3 of them done, and hope to do the fourth one tonight.  I found a place to put another tree, but I haven't come up with a theme for it.  I also don't have the tree yet, so I'll plan for it for next year, I guess.  This is my traditional tree with all the ornaments I've bought, been given, or have made with the kids.  I always really like it with all the memories it brings back as I decorate it.  My grandson helped me this year and asked me about each ornament as he pulled it from its wrapping and hung it on the tree.  It made me really think about each one and who exactly had given it to me.


This one decorates my entryway, and it's really pretty.  I stumbled and almost fell down the stairs as I was decorating the top.  Fortunately, I was able to really grab the railing and didn't go all the way down.  My arm sure felt it the next day.


I'll show you the rest as I get them done.

5 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Your trees are beautiful. Can you come over and help me?

Unknown said...

beautiful, love your trees

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely Tree, glad your back missed you
Hugs Janice

Pip said...

Love your tree skirt on the first picture, and I'm looking forward to seeing the other trees.

Barb said...

Your trees are just awesome, thanks for sharing.