Tuesday, July 30, 2013

If I still have any followers I'll be surprised.  But just in case, I think I should tell you what's been happening with me.  Late last summer I received the word that I have a serious illness.  It took about 3 months for a complete diagnosis, and by that time I had to use a walker around the house, and a wheelchair to go out.  ( only to the doctor and hospital)  It attacks my bones and by mid-December I was having surgery for a broken hip.  I spent sometime in a rehab hospital and just before being discharged, my shoulder broke.  No falls or accidents, just pathological breaks. 
After a short healing period, I started chemotherapy and completed 6 cycles.  So now I'm at the Cleveland Clinic preparing for a stem cell transplant.  I've gone through the pre-transplant processes, and tomorrow they will begin 'harvesting' my stem cells. 
This has been a long process, but so far I'm doing just fine.  Unfortunately, the effect on my bones has meant that doing the 'heavy' work of quilting ( sandwiching, basting, quilting, binding) isn't possible.  I have 4 quilts ready for those stages, and will hopefully be ready to do them shortly after I get home in September. 
Believe me, I'm not trying to sound gloomy and sad; that's not me.  I'm a very positive person.  I miss being able to do anything I want, but I'm slowly working my way back there.  I enjoy reading the blogs that I follow and have a hard time not jumping into all the giveaways, and ordering new fabric and kits to do what everyone else is doing.  But I'm making lists of things I want to do when I'm able.
If you're still reading this far, I would most assuredly appreciate your prayers.  I'm doing my best to get through this.

1 comment:

julieQ said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this...but I am glad you are on your way back to wellness!!! Hugs and cheer for you!!