Saturday, December 12, 2009

Closer and Closer to Christmas

The last few days have been so productive.  I've finished the Christmas decorations, shopped, sewed, cleaned, etc. etc... Tomorrow I have to pack and pack and pack.  My husband is leaving for India on Wednesday, to be gone for 2 weeks.  His nephew and family are going at the same time, so he'll have company for that long, long trip.  We've already exchanged Christmas gifts - I got him a netbook, and he got me a Kindle!  I love it!  I really haven't read much with it because I have to finish up the books I had already bought, but I can really see loading it up for the winter trip we have planned for January.
The last decorations I've put out are the Christmas teasets and assorted minis.  They're so cute, but since they're seasonal, I don't have them out for long. Some are just odds and ends, but aren't they cute?  The little figure in the back is El.  My daughter and I used to do ceramics when she was quite small, and this was one of her projects. Of course, this little one had a partner No, but she got broken a long time ago.  I've tried to find a replacement, but no luck.  The shop where I bought it orignally is long since closed.  I even asked an online seller if she had any idea where I could get it.  She said she would look, but I never did hear from her again.  So, El comes to Christmas every year, but she always looks lonely to me.





I've pretty much finished my daughter's placemats. I found a tutorial for these trivets, but for the life of me, I don't know where.  (I should write them down when I find them so I can give proper credit.)  If anyone knows the site that has the tutorial, will you please let me know.  Anyway, I thought these would make a nice table setting for her, so here's most of the set.  And no, the carpet isn't really purple - I should have taken the picture during the day so I could get some natural light, and not have the colors of the placemats so faded. Maybe tomorrow...

Most of my Christmas projects are finally finished, so next thing is to get my two swap projects done for January.....after Christmas!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you have been busy.

A safe trip to your husband.

Needled Mom said...

So....Santa came early. That will keep you busy, but looks as though you already are.

Tangos Treasures said...

Is this the one??
http://lieslmade.wordpress.com/2006/11/18/folded-star-hotpad-tutorial/

safe travels to your husband & family!

Love the little tea sets!

Pat said...

Love that placemat set and you little teasets are so cute. EL is adorable, but I'm sure EL would have liked to find another NO for company. *sigh* Hope your hubby and family members have a great trip. How come you aren't going along? (A group from our church left for India last week for 3 weeks...must be the place to go now??)

Janet, said...

Hi, I was trying to put a comment on this post yesterday when our electric kept going off. I wanted to tell you that I have a Japanese ceramic figure almost like your EL, except it is red and is holding bells in his (or her) hand. I have a picture of it posted on my vintage Christmas post a week or so ago.