Tomorrow's a Spring Sewing Party hosted by Kelly at Charming Chatter. I always have plenty to work on, so finding a project certainly isn't a problem. I've started making the blocks for Pat's No Sew Block Swap, and hopefully will finish them tomorrow. Here's a peek at what I've finished so far.
Now let me tell you about the mistakes I made. The first one I made was Pat's in the upper right hand corner. All I had to do was the final cut for the pieces - the strips were already done. Of course, I cut one of the corners wrong, making it 3 3/4" instead of 3 1/2" leaving me with one piece that was only 3 1/4". I can fudge a little bit, but not a whole seam width. So I substituted some green from my stash to make the block. Then on the Friendship Star, the fabric I had for the light part of the star point was exactly the right length, but included the selvedge in the length, and again I substituted another green to finish the block. I think they're all really pretty, and I'm anxious to see them all together when they're complete.
And, finally, I have a finish for February! My Quilts For Kids quilt. I signed up for OPAM this year, and I really think it might be a mistake for me. I don't do many small projects - mainly bedsize quilts, and I'm primarily a hand quilter. Things don't get done very quickly. We'll see...if nothing else, I can always make more for Quilts for Kids. They're a small, simple pattern and finish up so fast.
Wavelength Gets a QA Check
2 days ago