I still don't have my RWB quilt top put together, but it's getting there. I love the way it looks, and I can't wait to have it complete. I've also started putting my DJ rows together. The rows aren't sewn together, but I wanted to get an idea how it will look. I bought the fabric for the sashing, and then wasn't sure I wanted to use it. I was really afraid that it just wouldn't work. I thought about it for days and finally decided to try it. Once I put two rows together and had them side by side, I really liked it. What do you think? That color isn't used anywhere else in the blocks, and I really think it just pulls all of it together, and emphasizes each one.
The color of the blue in this last one is the closest to the true color although everything else looks yellowish.
If you notice in the picture, one of the rows has wider sashing than the others. I had 3 done like that, then realized they weren't going to fit together with the side triangles. You know, I think I have a hex on me that makes me do things wrong at least twice before I get it right. I took the first row apart, trimmed the sashing, then put it back together. I did the second one, and realized after putting it together that the blocks were in the wrong order! Took it apart again and put them in the right order, then noticed that the first block was also in the wrong order!! What a pain! But if they're in the wrong order now, they're staying that way! But anyway, I still have to fix that one row, and hopefully, this time, I'll get it right the first time, or rather the second time (which it will be!). So I'm working hard on my triangles and like the way they look. I'm studying one that looks a little complicated, but I think I'm ready to put it together tomorrow. If so, I'll show you soon.