Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogging Milestone

Today I'm writing my 100th post.  It's hard for me to believe that I've had something to write about 100 times.  Well, I guess that's open for discussion - I'm not much of a writer, and whether I have anything to say is questionable.  But I have been enjoying this addition to my life and retirement.  A year ago at this time, I never would have dreamed of actually posting my own blog.  I really didn't know what they were!   Anyway, to celebrate, I'm preparing a giveaway for my followers.  More about that the next time because I'm certainly not prepared right now.  Just in case you didn't know, I'm not only disorganized, but a terrible procrastinator as well.  I keep thinking about what I'll give away, but I sure haven't gathered it yet.  Can I blame that on the weather?

So, would you believe, my first finish of 2010?  I'm signed up for OPAM, and hopefully that little nudge to complete a project each month will keep me working toward that goal.  This is the completed mini for the Fall Themed Mini Quilt swap.  Can't wait to get it mailed and really say good bye to fall.


Another January finish for me is the blocks for Aunt Pitty Pat's Christmas block swap.  I really love how they turned out.  They'll go in the mail this week, as will the mini quilt, and monthly block swap.

I've worked really hard this weekend trying to get everything finished and ready to mail.  (It wouldn't have taken so long if I could just make things without making so many mistakes!)  Just 2 more to go.  My husband and I are leaving for a trip on the 21st, so all the January obligations have to be out of here this week.  I want to allow enough time that I will know whether they've arrived at their destination or not before we leave town.

8 comments:

Pat said...

NICE finishes...and congratulations on reaching that 100 post milestone! And...of COURSE you have interesting things to say. We keep coming here and reading and commenting, don't we???

Barb said...

Congrats on your post....I am finishing up my swap blocks on Monday.... I truly love yours!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!!
Nice finishes too!!

Searchfamilies said...

Congratulation on you milestone.
Love the mini quilts love the different blocks used very nice well done
Hugs Janice

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations! Haven't you found inspiration in blogging?

It is nice to have a commitment to complete something each month. No excuses now!!

Your swaps are delightful. I know that I felt strange sending my fall quilt in January. It will soon be fall again!

Twisted Quilts said...

Let me add to those congrats on your 100th post. I never would have dreamed of blogging either but it is great.

Dena said...

Congratulations on your 100th post achievement! Mine is coming up too. I like both of your finishes, especially your Christmas block swap. Nice job!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cecilia..your mini quilt is gorgeous..well done on your finish....and your block is lovely...and how wonderful 100 posts congratulations....Peg OPAM 2010