Monday, January 11, 2010

GS Birthday

We thought we were finished with snow for awhile, but something's coming down out there and it isn't rain.  We went out with both sides of his family to celebrate my grandson's 11th birthday.  We went to a Japanese steak house, and I had about twice as much dinner as I needed.  It's always a good show and good food.  But oh my gosh, I couldn't believe the salt the chef poured on the food!  I have been continually thirsty since we started eating.  So anyway, back to the snow...by the time we left the restaurant, it was really coming down.  We live on top of a really steep hill, and I was worried about getting back home.  It was ok, though, the hill wasn't slick yet....but it will be.
I had planned to get to the PO first thing tomorrow and get everything mailed that needs to go.  I had 2 things left to do so that my January stuff would be done.  One was to cut my blocks for a no sew block swap.  So that's done, and this is my sample block.  I really like the way it looks, and I hope those who get one will also like it.

The other is a Dresden Plate block for the monthly swap I'm in.  It's not finished, but it's close.  Maybe by the end of this evening I can get it done.  I guess the pressure's off thoough - there's no way I'm leaving this hill in the morning!
When I had finished working on these, I wanted to do something just for me, so I made a block for my Sylvia's Bridal Quilt.  I'm really ejoying these little blocks, and I love the way they look.  After I got this one done, I realized I had a big mistake where the upper right quadrant is wonky, and believe me it really is wonky! I'll take that corner off tomorrow and see if I can straighten it out.  Hope so!  I couldn't get the camera to take a picture anywhere near the real colors, and playing around with the colors, I got it as close as I could. (But I'm glad these aren't the real life colors!)


3 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely blocks very nice
Hugs Janice

Pat said...

OOOOO....your green swap block is great and I like your SBS block, too......I even like the colors the way they are showing up online!

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty blocks!!
No snow here!! yippiee!