Thursday, May 6, 2010

My First May Post

Would you believe I actually have a May finish?  I got my green and cream quilt back from the quilter, and put the binding on Saturday.  I worked on it every minute I had and finished it in one day.  Sunday morning I washed and dried it, and it is now clean and soft and crinkly.  I love it!  Thank you to all the ladies in the swap for the beautiful blocks.  I still have to put the label on it, and I want to list the names of all who contributed to it. 
Finishing up a quilt made with swap blocks makes me really want to finish up another one.  I'm still working on the D9P from the fall, but I have to admit I haven't worked very hard on it.  It still has a long way to go, and I'm trying to get a little bit done each day.  As I promised, I'm not going to bore you with another picture of it until it's done.

I finally started working on the blocks that I got from the Red White and Blue No Sew Swap.  As usual, I made a mistake on the very first one, and had to find another fabric to add to the block.  I have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of 4" red fabric squares, but of course, none that really matched what was already in the block.  I messed up one of the half square triangles, and it was way too small.  Since the middle square was the same, I substituted a blue star fabric.  I think it looks okay, and at least it keeps all the corners the same.
Also, look at the beautiful block I got from a monthly swap I'm in.  The colors will go just perfectly with the other blocks I gotten in this swap.  Thank you Ellen.



8 comments:

Terry said...

Well done on finishing your quilt! It's lovely! :0)

Pat said...

Your green white quilt looks lovely. I like how you "rescued" your red/white/blue block, too!!! :)

Barb said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful...I still have mine to put together...Great JOB!!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Well, Golleeeeeeee, the quilt looks great. I guess you made several of each block to get it that large. Like the sashing, it really ties it together. I'm embarrassed to admit my blocks are going to become a table runner.

Unknown said...

I really like the green and white quilt you got done;) Congrats on another finish;)
Your other swap block looks great too, even with all the trouble you had with it;)
Happy Quilting!!

andsewon said...

Very nice! Looks great!! I will get to mine maybe in the Fall.
Your RWB blocks look awesome too!
Lola

Searchfamilies said...

What a beautiful Quilt well done
The Swap sounds interesting & the blocks look nice
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a NEW finish!! Congrats!!