Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Catch Up


I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted!  Again!!  I've been very faithfu about reading blogs, but so bad about posting this year.  Anyway, I'll try to do better.

For most of the time since we returned from our trip in March, my husband has been ill.  It took weeks to diagnose - so many tests, so many visits to doctors and hospitals, so much time that he's felt lousy.  He's on the mend now, feels somewhat better, and hopefully will be completely well soon.

It seems to me that whenever I finish a large project that I have a hard time getting back into the groove of sewing.  I absolutely loved finishing the green quilt; it turned out so nicely.  Since then, sitting on my sewing table or the bed in the sewing room, I've had my Double Wedding Ring project, Red and Aqua swap blocks, Red White and Blue swap blocks, a pile of blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and, of course, my Dear Jane blocks.  If you remember, back in March, I was sure I would finish the DJ blocks by the end of the month.  I only had 3 left to do, but since then, they have just sat there, glaring at me!  I didn't sew a stitch on them -- until Friday.  Then I started in on the last three, and now all 169 blocks are done!!  I can't believe it. I started putting sashing on them this afternoon, and will start on the triangles tomorrow.  I'll show you the top after I get all the blocks sashed and sewn together.

I haven't done a lot of sewing in these weeks, but I've spent more time doing the redwork for yet another project I have underway.  Do you think I'll ever finish them?  So these are the few things I've done.
Red  White and Blue swap blocks
Jelly Roll Quilt along

Red and Aqua swap blocks

10 comments:

Barb said...

I am glad your husband is on the mend.

Your blocks look great and well....when you get back in the saddle, you will make up for lost time.

Terry said...

Glad your hubby is doing better now! I like how you did the borders different on your jelly roll block. I was thinking of doing the same thing! :0)

Pat said...

YAY for all the finished Dear Jane blocks!!! I'm very impressed with that! I'm glad your husband is truly on the mend now, too.

Needled Mom said...

I know what you mean. I just posted my RWB top. It is not quilted yet, but I love it.

Wow...you finished all of those DJ blocks??? I am so impressed.

Hope hubby is feeling better. All of the appointments and worry can certainly take a toll on you.

Unknown said...

I too have that issue of stalls after finishing a project. But it sounds like you have alot lined up for when you get your grove back. That, and having a sick husband is bound to put a dent in anyone's momentum. Best wishes to him.
Happy Quilting!!

Unknown said...

it is hard when your spouse is sick....I hope he gets better soon and is back to normal...It looks to me like you have gotten a lot of sewing done....Love the red white and blue blocks...I am itching to sew mine but I have to finish our retro trailer redo first!

Twisted Quilts said...

I have the same problem. When I have put a lot of energy and imagination into a project I am almost depleted and have trouble starting something else. I usually take scraps and put together random blocks and that helps me get back into the swing.

Dena said...

Congratulations on completing the last of your DJ blocks! What an accomplishment!

Glad to hear your husband is doing better.

Searchfamilies said...

Happy that your DH is on the road to recovery.
Lovely blocks. i am finding i am not reading blogs as much as well as not posting as much i use to
Hugs Janice

Retrogirl said...

I just saw your post about all 169 blocks being complete----CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a major accomplishment.
All my best,
Heather