Monday, August 23, 2010

Back Home!

Sorry to disappear for a week.  Last Monday my husband's nephew asked us if we wanted to go on a short cruise with him and family to the Bahamas.  It seemed like a good idea so we spent Monday afternoon booking cruise tickets, plane tickets and a hotel room for the night in Orlando.  That's one problem with living in a small town - we always have to go a day in advance to be sure to get there in time.  It's okay, though, we're getting too old for all of that travel stress in one day. 
So anyway, we then spent Tuesday getting everything done - laundry, shopping, packing, etc.  Wednesday, up and off the to Bahamas.  Sounded like fun, but big mistake to go to the Caribbean in the summer.  It was hotter than blazes!!  The ship and food were passable  -  nothing special, but I know I won't go on that cruise line again.  Anyway, not the greatest weekend, but I love being on a ship, and as long as I could stay in out of the heat, I was happy.  I didn't take any pictures, so I don't have anything to show you of my latest trip.  Oh well, we'll go somewhere again before too long and it will be better. (I hope!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome home.....

Pat said...

You must have ESP. I was just wondering today why you'd not posted for a bit. Can you email me which cruise line? I've traveled on a couple but not for several years and have heard some have really "slipped".

Pip said...

It's no fun when it is too hot to enjoy sightseeing or even relaxing outside. Hope you had a nice break regardless, you will be itching to get back to your quilt blocks I'm sure.

Searchfamilies said...

It nice to be able to get away & sometimes even if it not the best it can do you a lot of good just being away from the everyday things
Hugs Janice

Needled Mom said...

I can imagine that it was HOT there...and humid!!! Winter is the time to visit those places to get a break from the chill.

Welcome home.