Friday, August 13, 2010

Deadline Fast Approaching

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted!  It's not that I'm lazy (well, maybe I am).  I've been really busy with sewing.   I'm getting so close to having all the pieces done for my DJ!  I'm still hoping to have it done by the end of the month, but we'll see.  I only have 15 more triangles to make, but each one takes  soooooo long.  A really difficult one can take all of my sewing time for the day!

The mailman brought me a nice surprise today.  It's a gift from Sandi of Legacy of Stitches for giving the correct answer to a question on a post.  Look how this package is wrapped.
Then when I opend it, there's another little package inside. 
And so on until there were 5 beautiful pieces of red, white and blue fabric.  Aren't they pretty?  They would have been perfect in my Red White and Blue quilt, but those squares are all done, and languishing in a box while I try to finish my DJ.  Thank you so much, Sandi!

I've signed up for another swap.  I know, I have more than enough projects underway, but these blocks are just 9 patches which aren't very complicated.  The other deciding factor for me was that it was to be Civil War reproduction fabrics.  Since I have so many from making the DJ, this seemed like a good way to use up some of it.  So anyway, I have to make 50 3 inch squares and 78 6 inch squares.  The 3 inch are done, and I hope to start the 6 inch this weekend.  Lots to keep me busy!

6 comments:

quiltingnana said...

love your triangles...and the gift you got in the mail! You certainly are ambitious joining a new swap!

Unknown said...

Spending an entire sewing day on one block is something I am recently familiar with...but it's worth it sometime's;)
Happy Quilting!!

Needled Mom said...

I can't wait to see the DJ blocks all done. I said I was going to start one this year, but it is August already and I haven't started it yet. Hmmm.

Those little 9 patches are great!

Isn't Sandi a wonderful person?

Unknown said...

love all those triangles, i can't wait to see this quilt complete, love those 9 patches as well

Pat said...

I like civil war fabrics but don't have any and also was too pressed on time right now to do Julie's 9-patch swap, but I'm sure it's going to be a great one!

julieQ said...

Your patches are absolutely gorgeous!!