Monday, August 3, 2009

Swap Blocks

Summer has been very unusual this year. So far this year the temperature has been very mild with a lot of rain. In July and August, it's usually in the 90s with the humidity level right up there with the temp - very hot and sticky to be outside. But right now, it's just 80 outside. I don't remember a summer ever being quite like this. It's really pleasant to be outside for a walk in the park.

I finished my Scrappy Christmas swap blocks. I liked making them, but the closer I get to completing something, the more anxious I am to get it done. Now I just wait for instructions for what to do with them next. Sorry the picture's so fuzzy; I just couldn't get it to focus properly.

I worked for a couple of hours on my Double Wedding Ring quilt, and got quite a bit done. However, I rechecked some of the work I did last week when I was trying to catch up with my promise, and I was really shocked at how bad it was. I've decided to officially break my promise to do at least one circle a day, and just work on it when I feel like it. I got a lot done today and found that it gets so much easier when I 'get in the groove' of doing that particular kind of piecing. Now I have to go back and unsew some of what I did last week. It would be a lot better if I did it right the first time, huh.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I know the feeling. If I rush something I am seldom pleased with it.

Our summer has been very cool as well. So much for global warming. Perhaps we should look into global cooling. ;)

Searchfamilies said...

Nice block what size are they, will you turn them in to pot holders or something
Hugs Janice

JRZ Jenn said...

The blocks look awesome. I'm really excited for this swap!

luv2quilt2 said...

They are 12.5 inches, intended to make a wall hanging or small throw. I'm not clear on all the final details yet, but I will be sending my 12 blocks to others, and I will receive 12 in return. I plan to add enough to make at least a lap quilt.

Unknown said...

you are really staying busy, bet you can't wait for that beach trip

Dena said...

I like your fabric selection on your Christmas blocks. Nice. Hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner.