Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wedding Rings and Tea Cups

No sewing - it was cards today. I really enjoy spending the day with some new friends, and having no responsibilities whatsoever. I don't know that I can go the whole day without some sewing, so I'm going to spend the evening in my sewing room, even if it's only to clean it up a little.
I've finally finished enough of my Double Wedding Ring quilt to show you, so here it is. I absolutely love pastels, so these colors fit me to a T. I spent a lot of time looking at other DWR quilts before I started shopping for fabric, and of course, the combinations are endless. And they're all beautiful. I just kept coming back to the pastels. Before this, I've only really used pastels in baby quilts, but I love this look. After I did my 'unsewing' last night, I was able to really get into it and make some progress. What I discovered is that for me, the more pins I use the better and more precise my seams are. There's just no hurrying this pattern.
The mini cup I put in the picture is one from my mini teacup collection. I have all of the months in this set, so I'll show you one each month. It's a Royal Albert miniature, and they're all so cute.


blushing rose said...

LOVE the quilt! Your color choices are wonderful.

Have not seen miniatures by them, they are lovely. Will enjoy viewing them all. TTFN ~Marydon

PS Pop by my post today please.

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

WOW, I love this quilt. Amazing

Needled Mom said...

I really like the look of the pastels. I've always loved that pattern too.

searchfamilies said...

I am in love what with your quilt of course it beautiful, also love the tea-cup both are my taste if they need a new home i have one lol well done
Hugs Janice

Aunt Pitty Pat's Fun said...

What beautiful quilts.. I love the wedding ring one... the Christmas blocks are my favorite though ;)
Thank you for coming by the blog and giving your vote about the apron swap. If I get enough interested in the next couple of weeks I would like to have at least 12-16 that want to join in on the swap.. then I will hold the swap ;)

Janet, said...

I love wedding ring quilts, but they are very hard to sew. My mother in law started one, she had all the pieces cut out and I think the little arcs are all hand sewed together. She passed away a few years back, I have the pieces, I just need to take the time to put them together, I did one block and haven't did any more on it yet. Some day I will get to it.