Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy Sunday

I had big plans for sewing today, but I didn't realize just how much time it would take to complete one DJ block.  I spent more than 1 1/2 hours on this one.  It looked easy to start with since it was all straight lines, and I thought it would be easily pieced.  I was so wrong.  Anyway, it's done, it's far from perfect, but it's the right size!

I finally decided on a block for Terry's Quilt, so I hope to get that mailed soon.  If you haven't yet read about the situation in Terry's life, read about it here.  There's not much that we can do but keep her family in our prayers. Laura has organized this project to let Terry know that her blogging friends care for her and are thinking of her and wish they could really help.

Tomorrow is my day to get some things in the mail, so I need to get them packaged and ready to go tonight.  I also I need to work on my sewing room before I work on more sewing.  It's a mess up there and has gotten way too disorganized.  It seems like I always end up cleaning after mailing.  Two of my sisters are coming to visit later this month and I've got to get everything cleaned and organized before then.  Two weeks to get it done. (the whole house, that is)

1 comment:

searchfamilies said...

Nice block, yes some of the DJ blocks aren't as easy as you think my choice have all be the very simple ones lol
Hugs Janice