Friday, October 9, 2009

Placemats and Tea Cups

These placemats kept me busy today, but they're still not all finished.  Getting there, though.  By the way, this is not an original idea, and please forgive me, but I can't remember whose blog had it listed.  I commented on her post about it and she sent me the measurements she used to make them.  Unfortunately, in my efforts to keep my email cleaned up, I have already deleted the email.  I am so sorry I can't remember who it was.  Anyway, here is one complete, front and back.  I have 5 put together to the point of hand sewing the binding.  I decided not to leave the back completely plain, but I also didn't want to add a lot of extra work to the project.  So, whaddya think?  And no, the side strips aren't purple, but red, and the black squares are actually brown.  I just couldn't get the color to show up properly



I don't do much decoration for Halloween, but rather for autumn.  This is one Halloween decoration I did last year, but didn't get it finished in time to put it up.  I hope to get the framing finished and hang it tomorrow.  I have my decorations out and will put them out as I do my housework tomorrow.  You can tell I don't do a whole lot, but wait for Christmas! 

We're already well into October, so here are my two mini October tea cups along with the latest DJ block.  I've been slacking on them lately.  As I'm sure you know, this is a 5 inch block, so it can give you some sense of the size of the 2 sets.




3 comments:

Pat said...

WOW...those teacups must be REALLY small!!! I like your placemats.

Searchfamilies said...

Love your placemats what size are they.
Teacup is lovely as is your DJ block
Hugs Janice

Barb said...

I love it all....!!!