Monday, March 15, 2010

A Deadline Finally Set

I'm getting really close to having all the blocks done for my DJ quilt top.  Today I completed 3, and I love the way they look.  Barring any unforeseen problems, I'll have all 169 done by the end of the month - maybe before.  I still have some really hard ones to do, but I tackled the one that I thought was the most difficult during the basketball playoffs over the weekend.  (My daughter is a graduate of the University of Kentucky, so you can guess which games we were watching. She even left early on Sunday so she could get home in time to watch.)  It took me the whole game, but I got the center of it done.  Unfortunately, the outer border is harder than the center.  We'll see how long it takes me to make that.
Anyway, here are the ones I finished today.

And this is what 150 of them look like all piled up.

So far there are 8 fine quilters in the Red White and Blue No Sew Block Swap.  If anyone is interested in joining this fine group, all the information is on my last post.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That's a small pile for all that hard work!!! Great job.

Barb said...

That is so exciting...least I am excited for you...what an accomplishment!!

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

i love all these dj blocks, i couldn't make 1/4 of them, i can't wait to see them completed and can't wait for the rwb to get started.

searchfamilies said...

Looking good & the bigger the done pile gets the smaller the to do pile gets lol
Hugs Janice