I spent a lot of time sewing today, hours of it to make this, Papa's Star.
Keep in mind that this is a DJ block, 5 inches square, so that @!%# middle star is 1 inch square. I figured that the only way to tackle it was paper piecing, but even then the pieces were too small to sew together. It's hard to describe how I actually had to do it, but let me just say that I was glad there was no one else in the sewing room to hear what came out of my mouth! As I've said earlier, I've saved the hardest ones for last, and this one definitely qualifies for that. It's surely not perfect, but it's done!! Yea for me!
Backing for Blue Topaz
15 hours ago