My gosh, I didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted. I've really been busy sewing, and getting ready for my daughter to come home for a visit. I love it when she comes home, but it always goes by so fast. Before she came home, I spent a good bit of time preparing blocks that needed to be hand sewn, both DJ and SBS. I've finished some, but I'm still struggling with others. So here's what I've finished this week. These for Dear Jane.
And this for SBS. I actually made more, but forgot to take a picture.
I also have a finish for March. It's small and it's a mistake, but it's a finish. After reading Barb's post about those cute little thread catchers, I decided to try one. I had read the tutorial and knew it wouldn't be difficult to make. However, it is always nice to read the instructions again for such minor details as the measurments of the pieces. So instead of pieces 2 1/2 by 7 1/2, I used pieces 4 by 9. I knew pretty quickly that I was wrong, but when I finished it, I really liked the size. It's a great size to sit on the arm of the couch where I sit, and its bottom is big enough to spread out (like other bottoms) and not fall off. It holds a lot of threads, scraps and just trash. I have much less mess to clean up at bedtime.
Making Molasses in the Hills of West Virginia
5 hours ago