Thursday, November 5, 2009

Adventures at the Post Office

Well, I've sent off 3 packages to bring me up-to-date with my swap obligations.  I didn't realize I had so many due for November.  I have 1 more to mail out within a week, 1 before the end of the month, and I think that's is for November. 

I had to use three post offices to get these packages out.  I was taking a friend to lunch, so left home a half hour early to have time to stop at my closest PO.  There was a line, but I got the mailers I needed, got in line and addressed them.  Then I realized that the line was not only not moving, but there was some major difficulty with the computer printer for money orderes.  It took some time to get that customer finished, then the next person in line wanted 3 money orders.  Needless to say, that took the next half hour.  I couldn't leave the line because I had to pay for the mailers I had already addressed.  When I finally got my turn, I just paid for them, took them and left.  So to continue the saga, after lunch I was going to a quilt shop in another town, and went to the PO there only to find it closed.  I finally found one on my way home that not only was open, but didn't have a line.

Unfortunately, not much sewing today.... hopefully, tomorrow.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh dear....what a disaster! Don't you hate days like that? It always feel like you are just spinning your wheels instead of getting anywhere.

Unknown said...

maybe you could have sewed had you not been at the PO all day.....geeee......