Friday, November 20, 2009

Making No Progress

I've gotten no sewing done this week, even though I've tried.  Since my daughter has been visiting, I haven't worked on sewing during the day.  However, each evening I've had Dear Jane blocks prepared to do by hand while we watch tv.  Each evening I've tried, and each evening I've failed.  I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, but everything I tried to make came out the wrong size or just generally screwed up.  I should have been working on quilting my D9P quilt; it's never going to get finished at this rate.

Today I tried to get myself back into sewing and did make a couple of DJ blocks and a block for a monthly swap.  I'll post it as soon as it's gotten to my swap partner.  What I really need to do, though, is some work on Christmas projects.  I have all the blocks to make for Aunt Pitty Pat's holiday swap.  I have my colors and patterns chosen, I just need to do it.  I also have a couple of Christmas blocks to make for swaps, and some placemats for my daughter.  I have them started, and I'll show you all of them as soon as they're finished, since DD doesn't read my blog.  I also have all those cardinals to finish up.  Hopefully, tomorrow I can really concentrate and finish at least one of those projects.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Good luck to you....I've also had times when I was so frustrated as I could not seem to get anything done. It will pass and you will do fine with your projects!

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh you better get busy Christmas is sneaking up on us!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

It is not your fault that you did not get much done--it's life's fault--it just goes darn too fast and we have way too many interruptions so what is a quilter to do--go to bed get a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow to get our quilt to do list worked on!!! At least it sounds like a plan!!
Hugs, Di

Needled Mom said...

Don't you just hate periods like that???? It is so frustrating - especially when there is so much on your plate. Good luck.