Sunday, November 15, 2009

Love to get the Mail

I rattled on so much yesterday that I didn't tell you about the great surprises in the mail.  The first one was a beautiful block from a monthly swap I'm in.  I've asked for stars in dark blues, reds and greens, and this is from Susie, who said she is inexperienced with stars.  Believe me, it certainly doesn't show inexperience.  It's going to fit in perfectly with the others I've received.  The quilt top with all these lovely stars is going to be gorgeous.  I wish I could get the colors to look the way they really do.

The second package was from Debra in Australia for the Four Seasons Holiday Swap.  She sent this cute little wall hanging, which she said was her first ever quilt.  What an honor to receive someone's first effort at this craft/art we love so much.  Her package was also filled with other goodies; a Christmas tea towel, gift cards, a beautiful handmade card, and some chocolate, which of course, is long gone.  Thanks, Debra, for the great surprise.





I spent  my sewing time today working on some Dear Jane blocks, but I'm going to have to put them away.  I have several other projects that I must work on, so I'll have to put it aside for now.  I have 82 blocks made, and these are the latest additions.


I have a swap that must be mailed tomorrow, and I'm ashamed to say I missed the deadline.  Today is the deadline, and of course I can't make it.  I'll have to spend a little more on postage, because I really don't want it to be late to the recipient.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have to get that chocolate out of the way, right? lol Love all your goodies.

Searchfamilies said...

Blocks are lovely
Hugs Janice

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Everything looks wonderful. I especially love the Santa wallhanging.