Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost Thanksgiving

I had a great time sewing today.  As I got my Christmas fabrics out to work on a couple of blocks for swaps, I found my tree skirt that I had put aside a couple of months ago.  Well, since I'm planning to put up Christmas trees this week, I figured it was just about time to get it finished.  It didn't have much left to complete, just a little quilting and the binding.  Finishing the binding will keep me busy while I watch tv this evening.  I'll show you as soon as I put it under the tree.
I got my swap blocks made, but I'm not happy with one of them.  I hate the fabrics and I just can't bring myself to send it out.  I'll try to get another one made tomorrow before cards.  Yes!! I didn't get to play the last 2 weeks, and I've missed it so much.  Anyway, back to the block...  I just can't send it out.  I only send out things that I would be happy getting, and believe me, I'd be most unhappy to get this awful thing.  So, here are the ones I'm happy with.  They need to go out by Friday, but I don't shop on that day, so it shouldn't be a problem.




After I got my 'need-to-dos' done, I got some more Dear Jane blocks done. 













My younger son came home for the holiday this evening, and we went to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant in town.  When we went in, the music was so loud we could hardly hear one another, and I didn't realize until the end of the first song that it was live.  But the music was good - mostly country but a good guitarist who played a modified version of Malaguena.   It was the first time I've heard country music in the Mexican restaurant.  Good food, good music, good dinner companions.

1 comment:

Tangos Treasures said...

See your getting your sewing done! Yippiee!!