Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home Again

We got home from Las Vegas late yesterday, but I was just too tired to do much of anything.  We love to travel, but getting to an airport is always is problem.  We live in a small town, and although we have an airport, it seems we just can't get anywhere from here.  (Remember that old book, "You Can't Get There From Here"?)  We usually drive to the airport in Charleston, Columbus or even Akron, but this time the flight in the package we bought was from Cincinnati.  That's a 3 1/2 hour drive from home, and since I was totally unfamiliar with the area, I looked on the internet for driving instructions.  I didn't know the name of the airport, and just looked for an airport in Cincinnati.  Got our driving directions, put them in the GPS, and we were off on Monday morning, more than 5 hours before the flight time.  Would you believe the directions were for the wrong airport??  I was sure our trip was ruined.  Fortunately, the TomTom is a lot smarter than I am, and when I searched for an airport in the Cincinnati, it came up with the right one.  We were past the morning traffic rush, and so made it in time.  And would you believe the Cincinnati, Ohio airport is in Kentucky? 
Not a very auspicious start to the trip, but we really did have a good time.  We did a little shopping, played slots, did a lot of walking and saw 2 shows, Menopause the Musical, and The Lion King.  They were both great entertainment.  The Lion King stage show is absolutely amazing.  We all know the story, but the staging, costumes and music are just wonderful.  It just made the trip, and if I get the chance, I'm going to see it again.  Truly awesome.
It was good to get back to sewing today, and I got 2 Dear Jane blocks completed, and made a Christmas block for a swap.  I keep finding more swaps I want to join, but I'm resisting.  I have things that I need to get in the mail on Monday, then I don't think I have any others due until January. Thank goodness.  Life gets really busy at this time of the year.  Sorry I have no pictures to show you - my battery died and I forgot to charge it.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Yes, but how did you do in Vegas????? It is a fun town to VISIT!

I can't believe the airport situation. What a disater. I am glad that you made it.

LOVED Lion King in the theatre.

Pat said...

I one time went to a conference in Cincinnati and was stunned to learn I'd landed in Kentucky (even though all my travel stuff said I was flying into Cincinnati). I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been confused by that whole issue!!!

Twisted Quilts said...

My son and daughter in law were in Las Vegas last month and saw Ka. They loved it. I have never been but would love to go.

Unknown said...

Oh, we love Cincinnati. Hubs sister lives there. We go straight 1-75. I forgot about your trip. I hope u had a blast.