Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After

I hope everyone had a joyful Thanksgiving day.  I loved having all my guys here - Hubby, DS1, DS2 and grandson.  I sure missed my daughter being here though.  The food was really good, if I do say so myself, but I got a couple of real back handed compliments which I may tell you about someday. 
Are you a Black Friday shopper?  I'm sure not.  The only time I've ever gone out to fight the early, early crowds was the year we gave the children a small tv of their own.  For one thing, it's too hard to get up before dawn for the stress of shopping after spending the day before cooking and cleaning.  For another, I don't usuallly buy into those 'have to haves' that are so hyped.  Do you remember the Cabbage Patch shopping fiascos in the 80s?  What a disaster they were.
So there probably won't be any sewing today.  I have to put away the Fall and get out the Christmas.  One tree is up ready to decorate, four more to go.  Hopefully, I'll get some help.  Not sure, though. No one else is really interested in putting up the decorations, except my grandson.  He likes to help and will be here tomorrow to help with at least one tree.  Maybe I'll just get them all up, put on any garlands and lights, then wait for him to come and help.  Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you put up 4 trees? oh my. I do good to get one up and this year I let E decorate it and I haven't fixed it yet, so what that it only has ornaments in the front. lol

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like you will be busy getting ready for Christmas.