I have had so much fun in the sewing room yesterday, working on DJ blocks. It seems the more I work on this quilt, the more it pulls me in. When I started the blocks, of course I started with the easiest ones. So that's the only order I'm using. Now, however, the ones I passed up before are also fairly easy. My work is far from perfect, but as I've read about this quilt, done is better than perfect. I have almost half the blocks completed, so I'm going to lay them all out on a bed to really see how they look together. I've kept a spreasheet of the blocks completed and the colors I've used for them so that I won't end up with 5 blues or reds or browns in a row, but otherwise the blocks just sit in a pile on my sewing table. There isn't a color plan for the quilt, but as you've seen in the blocks I've posted, I'm using Civil War reproduction fabrics with a tea stained muslin as the background.
Today I have some Christmas blocks I need to get done, including my cardinal blocks. I have to get started on my blocks for Aunt Pitty Pat's holiday swap. I know the blocks aren't due until late January, but I'll be on a trip at that time and need to have everything done ahead of time. I'll try to post some pictures this evening.
Quick and Easy Spooky Decoration
15 hours ago