Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to Sewing

Several years ago, my grandson was a great Spider Man fan, so I made a quilt and a pillow for him from the many fabrics that were available with the logo.  Later he said he wanted a quilt for his bear, so of course I made one for him.  Last week he said he wanted a pillow for the bear as well.  Fortunately, I still had my scraps, so now there's a little bear pillow as well.  I've tried and tried to get a picture of the quilt, but it's no longer on my computer and I can't get a readable copy downloaded from the site where I get my pictures printed.  Anyway, I do have pictures of the little bear quilt and pillow, and of my GS's pillow.




I haven't done much sewing the last couple of days, but really had a good day of sewing today.  I have a lot of projects that I work on each day, because I get tired of working on the same one.  It takes me longer to finish, but I think I'm a little better with the quality if I don't force myself to work when I'm no longer interested.  So, during the day, I work on the DWR quilt, swap projects, and piecing the Dear Jane blocks.  In the evenings I'm working on hand quilting the D9P quilt or working on an applique Dear Jane block.  When I have a deadline for a swap project, that gets done - I'd hate to miss a deadline.  Here are the Dear Janes I completed today.  Sorry the colors are so washed out.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Cute....love Spiderman...

Unknown said...

cute, i know he loves those creations. E picked out some motorcycle the other day at the fabric shop, we got a yard and he wants a twin sized quilt for his bed. lol

Searchfamilies said...

Blocks are coming along well.
I did my DGS a spiderman quilt a few years ago also must be the in thing at the time lol yours spiderman stuff looks great
Hugs Janice