Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pay It Forward

Look at the cute little giftie the Mailman brought me today.  It's such a sweet little calendar, and I'm going to love it in my sewing room.  Isn't it cute?  Each of the larger pieces has one month per side.  I just love it. Terri (here)  is participating in Pay It Forward, and I happened to be one of the first to leave a comment on her blog about it.  The purpose is to do an act of kindness for someone with no expectation of payment or return, just passing it on.  Isn't it a great idea?

I think it's great and I'm going to continue it.  For the first three people who leave a comment on this post, I will make and send a gift within the next 3 months.  I don't know what it will be, but it will be made just for you.  Sound interesting? 

This was my day to breakfast with old friends from work.  We eat at Cracker Barrel, and as you might imagine, I always eat way too much. To convince myself that I'm being 'good', I skip lunch.  We finish our breakfast at 11:00, so you can judge for yourself how big the sacrifice is. Anyway, it's great to see these friends again, all now out of the rat race and loving it.

For a couple of hours this afternoon I worked on my DWR quilt, cutting more, piecing more, and finally adding another circle.  I have enough pieced to complete Row 2, and may do that tomorrow.  My favorite quilt shop has fat quarters on sale on Tuesdays, so hubby and I took a little drive, and I got these to add to my stash.

4 comments:

Pat said...

That calendar is adorable. I wonder where she got it. This would make cute gifts for Secret Sisters and others. Love the new FQ's you got, too.

Searchfamilies said...

Very nice calendar & lovely fabric as well
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

I love that calendar..so cute.

Terry said...

I am so glad to see that you received and liked your PayItForward gift :) In answwer to Pat, my husband cut the calendars for me and then I rubber stamped the images, words , and numbers on them. They do make nice little "gifties"

Hugs,
Terry