Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Car Problems

Yesterday was a busy sewing day, but late in the afternoon we had to take our car to our college son and bring his back for a repair - not a major problem, just the stupid windows. They've been the only real problem we've ever had with this car. Hubby got it fixed today, only to find that the state inspection sticker had expired, and it needed to have an oil change. Got that fixed and we have to make a trip down the interstate today to exchange cars again. 

Barring anymore car issues, I should be able to finish the top of the D9P quilt by tomorrow.  It's coming along beautifully. I had planned to put white sashing in this quilt, but when I was ready for it, I discovered that I don't have enough.  I found a big piece of off-white, so that's what I'm using.  This quilt is totally scrappy, and I don't want to have to buy anything for it, except the batting. I even found a backing I bought several years ago for another quilt.  That quilt didn't come together the way I wanted, and I finally quit on it.  I don't think I'll ever go back to it; I just don't like it enough to struggle with it.  Does that make sense?

Anyway, this is where it stands right now. I wanted a border, but not just a strip of plain fabric. It will have a strip to finish it off, but I love the way the half blocks look as a border.  Whaddya think?
Just remembered that tomorrow is card day, my essential socializing, so I may not be able to complete the top tomorrow.  Well, it will wait for me, I'm sure.

5 comments:

Pat said...

I, too, like the half-blocks on the end of your top. The sashing looks good, too. I made my first D9P this week and then made a few smaller ones....didn't sash any but will do that at some point. Sorry for the car "stuff".

Barb said...

Love it, sorry about your car problems....

Searchfamilies said...

Looking really nice well done
Hope no more car problems
Hugs Janice

Twisted Quilts said...

Your quilt looks great. I love the white sashing, it really highlights the colors. Sunday afternoon the dog rolled the window down in the backseat of our car and we could not get it up either! Is it car gremlins this week?

Unknown said...

oh lala, so pretty....love it, I know how you feel on the car, however, my is pretty new, but last week all in one day I got it inspected, tag renewal, paid taxes and oil changed. talk about taking up a paycheck. lol