I got to spend several hours with my quilting buddy today. We've really been out of touch over the summer. She's trying to finish up a quilt that she started at a quilt retreat we attended last September. She's been having some difficulty making the main block and the alternating block turn out the same size. So, of course, we graphed the block, measured, cut, sewed and ironed. We ended up with a good size, so she should be on her way. It was great fun to spend time with a friend. She's a good cook and I always look forward to whatever she may have planned for a meal.
This afternoon I spent some time on both the DWR pieces and made some Dear Jane blocks. My disasters with them the last few days has at least made me more careful in my sewing. I took one apart that was too small, and when I put it back together, it was just the right size. At least I know my measurements were right; I just can't sew a 1/4" seam. Hopefully, this will remind me to be more careful.
Review of Beverly Lewis' book, The Photograph
9 hours ago