Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday with a Friend

Not much sewing today.  I had lunch with a former co-worker, and then checked about getting my sewing machine repaired. Apparently the repair person comes to the store only on Mondays and works at the store.  So, I can drop off the machine next Saturday, and maybe have it back on Monday.  I hope I hope...

I worked on a DJ block, but had the same result as yesterday. The only difference was that I found where my error was, and remade it to the right size.  I guess I just have to be more careful in measuring the pattern before I even think about cutting.  An eighth of an inch on those tiny blocks can make a huge difference in the size of the finished block.  Right now I'm working on 2 applique blocks - hope they work out better than the other applique I've done for these blocks.

I have 1 swap item that has an end of September deadline, and 4 that have October deadlines.  I haven't started any of them yet, so maybe tomorrow?  I can surely do the 2 blocks that are coming due.

Sorry, no pictures today.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Hope you are having a successful day of sewing today.