Monday, September 14, 2009

No Picture Monday

I haven't posted since Saturday, and still no pictures to show.  I've been sewing like crazy, but not really anything to photograph.  I repaired a couple of blocks that were just too wonky to use, and it took over 2 hours to complete. 

Anyway, after that exciting work was done, I started serious work on my big quilt, the Double Wedding Ring.  I have about half of the rings complete and already had a lot of pieces cut.  I was a little fearful of running out of one of the fabrics, and figured it might be easier to find more if I don't wait too long.  So anyway, yesterday afternoon my machine and I went into high gear piecing arcs.  I did about 30 yesterday, and 80 today.  I know, that sounds like a huge amount, but it works out to only about 3 rows.  After lunch today, I counted up the number I have done and figured out just how many I still need to do.  I think there will be plenty of fabric, but just to be on the safe side, I'm going to keep on piecing arcs until they're done.  Hopefully, that will be tomorrow.

Last month I showed you my mini August teacup, and promised to show you another this month.  September is half over already, so here's the picture before it's over.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those tea cups......

Dena said...

I can't believe we're half way through September already. Have fun sewing your Double Wedding Ring blocks.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like sewing bliss!!!

Searchfamilies said...

I love these sort of china teacups
Yes halfway in to September the months are flying pass
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

Love the teacup and I cant wait to see your wedding ring quilt...I saw all the little pieces and it is going to be beautiful...that is the one quilt pattern that I find intimidating...thanks so much for entering my giveaway too!!!! melinda