Well, I finally got down to it (literallly) this afternoon and started pinning the quilt. Can't put it off forever. I griped and whined for 2 days, and still no one showed up to do it. So I started out by making several mistakes. First I put the backing down right side up, got it all smoothed out and got out the batting. Fortunately I noticed what I had done and started over. Got the back down, smoothed it, taped it and put the backing on. When I put the top on, the backing was just barely long enough. I can't tell you how many times I measured, multiplied, added and did it all again. Then I measured and re-measured the fabric then added 6 inches to my measurements. Before I cut, I added 6 more inches. I still can't figure out where I went wrong, but at least it is big enough, with no room to spare.
This is where it stands now. Not very exciting pictures, but at least the work on the floor is done and I can proceed to the basting. If it works well on my kitchen island, it shouldn't take too long to get it ready to quilt. Hopefully, my stencils will be here by then.
I found another D9P block swap here, and joined. I've never tried the color combination being used, but hey, I'm willing to try. (and see, I've learned how to link to another blog! yeah me!)
The Love Letters by Beverly Lewis (review)
4 hours ago