Friday, September 18, 2009

A Finished Object

I found a forgotten UFO when I started making the Friendship bags.  Actually, it was a tote bag I started for myself a couple of years ago.  I got the panels made and quilted, and then quit.  Completing it today only took about an hour. Why do I do that?  When just a little more work would have completed it, why did I put it away and forget it?  Does anyone else do this kind of thing?  I know the original pattern had braided handles; maybe that's what stopped me.  I know that's what originally attracted me to the pattern, but I can't find it anyway.  So now I have this nice new bag, and I love it, and it's no longer a UFO.

So let me tell you about the stupid thing I did today.  I've been slowly making Dear Jane blocks, 1 or 2 at a time.  As of this morning I had 13 completed. After finishing my tote and running a couple of errands, I thought I'd make 1 or 2 for today.  Each day I write down what I make and the color to put into a Word document to help me keep track, and so far I've used the same piece of paper to write them down.  I put the first one in, K3 blue and brown, and then the second, C3.  I had already made that block.  Can you believe that after making only 13 I couldn't remember that I'd already made that one?  Not only that, but since I have used the same piece of paper, there it was written in front of my face.  So it's not just my memory, but my eyes as well.  By the way, I like the color of the first one better than the second.

6 comments:

Barb said...

love the tote

Barb said...

love the tote

Unknown said...

love that tote.......

Pat said...

Nice tote AND I very often get something very close to being done and put it away without finishing it. I guess I just get tired of working on that project....and I put it away THINKING I'll go back to it very soon....but it usually ends up being a LONG time before I go back to it. Don't feel bad...I seriously doubt you and I are the only ones who do that!!! LOL

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely tote, & yes i can totally belive you forgot as guess who made the block swaps i needed to do i did 2 more than needed in colours i already done look at it at least it better to have too many than not enough, one daft old bat
Hugs Janice

JRZ Jenn said...

Hi Cecilia! I love what you're doing with the friendship bag - it's awesome. I was one of your partners for the Scrappy Christmas hedgerow block swap - can you just let me know if you received my blocks - thanks - terryandjennifer4ever @ yahoo.com

Thanks!
Jenn