It's done! The dreaded basting is complete. The kitchen island was perfect. The height is right and if my back needed it, I could support my weight against the counter with no problem. So, now the new sandwich is ready for the quilting. I'll show it when it's complete, which could be some time since I'm a handquilter.
I spent a lot of time today cutting and sewing for the Double Wedding Ring quilt. I'm not sure how much more I need to cut, but I'm going to sew up everything I have and then count. The number of pieces in this quilt is quite amazing.
I also haven't forgotten about Dear Jane, and made a block for her today. I machine sewed this one and have decided that I will use whichever seems to work best for each block. For now, that brings my total all the way to 2!
Sorry it's so fuzzy. It's really square, not all wonky like the picture.
When I came home from shopping (for fabric) on Saturday, my husband was outside to tell me not to open the garage door. Apparently, when I closed it on my way out, the spring in the opener had broken. Boy, am I glad I wasn't around when it happened. I've always been afraid of those heavy springs, wires and chains. So just one more thing that needs to be repaired. Repairs are never-ending, I guess.
Thank Goodness for the Internet
15 hours ago