Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fun with the Sons

My younger son and his girlfriend were home for a short visit last night.  Our community was having a "Taste of" evening, where we could sample wines from local wineries (I had no idea there were so many), beer from a couple of mini breweries, and delicious food from local restaurants.  I'm not much for beer or wine, but anyone can tell that I love food.  The weather was perfect, the music was good and the company was great.  A wonderful way to spend an evening. 

So today we wanted to take DS2 to a new Mexican restaurant in town and asked DS1 and GS to join us.  We pulled into the parking lot to find that they weren't open yet.  Since there is another that we all like, we headed there, only to find that they also weren't open yet, even though their sign says they should be. We ended up at choice number 3 which was ok, but not great.  Again, though, the company was wonderful, and we had a nice little drive around town!

It's been a dreary day today with off and on rain, and I just don't feel much like sewing.  I made a few blocks for the Red and Aqua swap, and a couple of DJ blocks.  One of them turned out too small (I don't know where I went wrong with my measurements), and I don't much care for the color of the other one.  Anyway, I lost interest for today, and decided I'd be better off not doing more. I don't think I can do too much damage on the hand quilting, so that's to be my evening.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Sorry your first 2 choices of Mexican restaurants weren't open when you went there. I'm sure your blocks will look very nice...sometimes I have no interest in something, either, and find I need to wait until I do...or I'll mess it up, for sure!

Searchfamilies said...

Don't you just hate it when you want to go somewhere & when you get there it closed sorry that you had to settle for 3rd best
I know some days things just don't go right or that you are not really interested in doing it hope you will have better luck next time you start sewing
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

I hardly sewed anything all weekend. I don't know why, everytime I thought about sitting down at the machine, I thought of something else to do. Even though I have a quilt that needs to be finished and mailed by Wednesday. uggghhh