Sunday, September 6, 2009

Basting - again

The kitchen island is working perfectly for basting. It's just the right working height, so I've made good progress today.  There's no big hurry, but I want to have it done before Wednesday when my grandson comes here after school.  The kitchen tv is his while he's here; he can watch his shows or hook up his game cube and be right next to all of the drinks and snacks.  Anyway, here's my quilt all set up for basting, and about a third completed.











I think I'm done on it for today, though.  I have just a smidgen of work left to complete my Summer Mini Quilt, and I would like to get it done and in the mail on Tuesday.  That will make two swap obligations out of the way this week.  Then I'll only have one more September deadline to meet.  So far so good.

5 comments:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

I love the disappearing nine patch pattern...I have a UFO Americana fabrics long table runner that is waiting on the sidelines to be quilted..(along with many other UFO's) good luck with the project!!
Blessings~
Cindy

Pat said...

Looks good so far. It seems as if you can get it done by your Wednesday deadline!

Barb said...

lots of work!!!

Searchfamilies said...

There seem a lot of people doing the D9P, hope you can meet the deadline
Hugs Janice

Dena said...

I can't wait to see it after you've finished quilting it. Nice job using your kitchen island for making your quilt sandwich.