Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mail Surprises

Boy, the mailman was so good to me today. In my neighborhood, the mailboxes are centralized, with regular boxes for everyone and several extra large boxes for the extra large mail!  I checked today and we had a key for one of the large boxes, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't unlock the box.  I knew the goodies in it were for me, but I couldn't get to them!  I took the key home and asked hubby to please go try to open it.  He was back within a few minutes with 3 packages for me.  No problem, he said, just put the key in and it opened right up.  (I knew it would do that!)

So, anyway, box no.1 was just stencils; not exciting, and they're not going to work anyway. They're too small.

Package No. 2, however, was the third set of Scrappy Christmas blocks.  Aren't they great? This set is from Karen McClellan.  Again, these are all fabrics that I don't have and that haven't been used in the other blocks I've received.  Sorry, I should have pressed them first.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Package No. 3 was fabric I ordered from Whittles.  They're such pretty fabrics, and the prices at Whittles are just great.  If you haven't tried them, you should.  From the colors, I guess you can tell which swap they're for.  Something new to start!
This was a good day for sewing.  I got so much piecing done on the Double Wedding Ring Quilt.  I sewed a lot, but it didn't complete any rings - just piecing, making arcs, and making the football shapes.  Tomorrow I should get a lot of blocks (circles) done.  I also made 2 more blocks for Dear Jane, and I'll post some one day when I haven't done any other sewing.  So long for now!

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love great mail days like that. I had two packages today too with red and aquas......loving the combination!

Pat said...

GREAT mail day for you! I've not heard of Whittles but will look them up after I send this comment to you.....love the fabrics you got from them.

blushing rose said...

What a fun day for you ... lovely items. Have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Unknown said...

wow, what a mail day........going to check out whittles as well

Barb said...

Yes, i would say the mailman was good to you....

Searchfamilies said...

It great when the mailman brings packages sounds like you had a great day
Hugs Janice